Code of Ethics
The Ohio Pawnbrokers Association member shops are dedicated to the highest standards of honesty, integrity and customer service.
Our members commit to a Code of Ethics which reads;
Each member must:
- Strive to conduct their business in such a manner as to enhance and promote the positive and professional image of all pawnbrokers.
- Maintain their place of business and its operation in a manner that will reflect credit and professionalism on the pawn industry.
- Transact business with customers and the general public in an honest, forthright manner making service with integrity a constant goal.
- Engage in fair and vigorous competition to stimulate the continued growth and evolution of the pawn industry.
- Obey all laws enacted by the local, state and federal government and assist in the prosecution of those who do not.
- Strive to establish positive and long-lasting relations with our local, state and federal government officials.
- Maintain a united commitment to respect and protect the constitutional rights and the financial well-being of Association members and their customers.
- Assist the Ohio Pawnbrokers Association in promoting a positive image of the profession.
- Strive to promote the Association to potential new members and provide assistance to the Association in its efforts to increase membership.
- Assist the Association as requested in its day-to-day operations, participate in its annual elections and cooperate in special projects and investigations.
- Endeavor to maintain a financial commitment to the Association.
- Align with the policies and procedures of the Association in a manner conducive to the benefit and welfare of the Association, its members and their customers